The Women Development Cell
“Other women who are killing it should motivate you , thrill you, challenge you , and inspire you”!!!!
- The Women Development Cell was instituted at ARSD College with the objective to mainly empower female students of the College. It believes in strengthening students by creating awareness about socio-political, cultural, and legal perspectives through talks, workshops and symposia. Through its myriad activities—street plays, creative writing, poster-making, debates, movie screenings, group discussions, gender sensitization workshops, yoga workshops, self-defense training courses — the Cell sensitizes and educates female students in a holistic manner. The Cell conducts self defense and women safety training workshop for female students. To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination. The main aim of the cell is to :
- To boost the self confidence of Women.
- To be aware about Women Welfare Laws.
- To understand the significance of spiritual, economic, social, racial and gender equality.
- To guide and direct Women’s role in the society. To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To organize seminars, workshops relating to women development and to prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of the College.
To name a few events , in collaboration with Crime against Women Cell , Delhi Police, a special ten day self defense training workshop was conducted in the month of August ,2017. Similarly ,in the month of September , a gender sensitization workshop was held. The event was addressed by prominent people like Mr Anand Kumar Rai, Assistant Commissioner of Police (South) and Mr. Rakesh Kumar Singh,a media researcher. The interaction aimed at creating a society free of gender bias.
In the ,month of March , 2018 , the cell celebrated International Women’s Day in collaboration with Film Appreciation Society and Enactus . To celebrate womanhood along with the social , political , cultural and economic achievements the cell invited Ms. Monika Bhardwaj, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, South West District along with many eminent personalities.